HISTORY OF PACE FUNERAL HOME Pace Funeral Home was founded in September 1936 by Perry Pace. By October 1940, we constructed our funeral home on Abbey street, which was one of the first facilities to be built specifically as a funeral home in East Texas. Pace Funeral Home brought to Polk County, a new and improved method of funeral servive. From time to time new equipment was added and the service improved. It was during that time, the funeral home also served as a full time ambulatory service. In 2002, Pace Funeral Home came back into independant ownership. With rapid and expansive growth of Livingston, Polk County, Pace Funeral Home expanded to better serve the community with a new facility constructed to better serve families in May 2004.