Decherd is a city in Franklin County, Tennessee, United States. The population was 2,246 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Tullahoma, Tennessee Micropolitan Statistical Area.
Peter Decherd came to the area in 1831 from Franklin County, Virginia and set up a plantation. In the 1850s he gave a right-of-way through the area to the Nashville and Chattanooga Railroad. Decherd was incorporated as a town in 1868. It was unincorporated in 1885 to avoid application of the "Four Mile Law" which made it so in incorporated communities liquor could be sold within four miles of schools.
Decherd is located at 35°12′57″N 86°4′45″W / 35.21583°N 86.07917°W / 35.21583; -86.07917 (35.215767, -86.079183).