Bellville is a city in and the county seat of Austin County, Texas, United States, located in the southeastern part of the state. The population was 3,794 at the 2000 census. Bellville was named for Thomas Bell, one of Stephen F. Austin's earliest colonists, after he and his brother James Bell donated land for the new county seat established by voters in 1846. The original county seat was located in San Felipe. Bellville is located at the intersection of State Highway 36 and State Highway 159 as well as FM 529, FM 1456, and FM 2429.
Bellville is located at 29°56′50″N 96°15′31″W / 29.94722°N 96.25861°W / 29.94722; -96.25861 (29.947225, -96.258657).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.6 square miles (6.8 km²), all of it land.