Brownsboro is a city in Henderson County, Texas, United States. The population was 796 at the 2000 census. The community is on Texas State Highway 31.
Brownsboro was first settled in 1849 by John (Red) Brown, who operated a toll bridge across Kickapoo Creek on the road to Jordan's Saline and Tyler. By 1860, Henry Cade had erected a sawmill and a cotton gin. With the construction of the St. Louis Southwestern Railway through the county in 1880, the town moved to the railroad.
The town of Normandy was near the site of present Brownsboro. It was established in 1845 by Johan Reinert Reiersen of Kristiansand , Norway, who urged Norwegian immigrants to settle in the new community. In the summer of 1847, a number of settlers died and many of the Norwegian immigrants moved to Four Mile Prairie in Van Zandt County and Prairieville in Kaufman County, also established by Reiersen.