Fort Davis, TX
Fort Davis is a census-designated place (CDP) in Jeff Davis County, Texas, United States. The population was 1,050 at the 2000 census and 1,041 according to a 2007 estimate. It is the county seat of Jeff Davis County. It was the site of Fort Davis established in 1854 on the San Antonio-El Paso Road through west Texas and named after Jefferson Davis, who was then the Secretary of War under President Franklin Pierce.
Fort Davis is located at 30°35′34″N 103°53′31″W / 30.59278°N 103.89194°W / 30.59278; -103.89194 (30.592880, -103.891996).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 5.6 square miles (14.5 km²), all of it land.