Lovelady is a city in Houston County, Texas, United States. The population was 608 at the 2000 census.
Lovelady was founded by investors of the Houston & Great Northern Railroad as a railway line was built through a land grant of Cyrus Lovelady, near the communities of Nevil's Prairie, Pennington, and Weldon. The U.S. Post Office opened on Nov. 8, 1872. The town soon had livery, stables, blacksmith shop, and hotels, prospering as both a marketplace and a shipping point. By 1876 a public school was held in a local log house. Lovelady was incorporated in 1927.
Lovelady is located at 31°7′42″N 95°26′42″W / 31.12833°N 95.445°W / 31.12833; -95.445 (31.128422, -95.445035).