North Richland Hills, TX
North Richland Hills is a city in Tarrant County, Texas, United States, and a suburb of Fort Worth. The population was 66,010 at the 2010 census but estimated to be 75,548 in 2015. In 2006, North Richland Hills was selected as the one of the "Top 100 Best Places to live in America" according to Money magazine. Major streets and highways include Davis Boulavard, Mid Cities Boulavard, Bedford-Euless Road, Loop-820, North Tarrant Parkway, Precinct Line Road and many more. It is home to the Birdville Independent School District and parts of the Keller Independent School District, both are flourishing public school chains with many Texas Exemplary Schools. North Richland Hills is also third largest city in Tarrant County with more than 66,000 residents, and is expected to be one of fastest growing cities in North Texas.
The community began when W.S. Peters agreed to bring 600 families into the area within a three-year period as part of a land grant. Families began arriving in the summer of 1848. In 1849, Tarrant County was established and named for General Edward H. Tarrant. The community of Birdville (adjacent to what is now North Richland Hills' southwest boundary) was named the first County Seat. The area remained a rural farming and ranching community for more than 100 years.
In 1952, Clarence Jones began to subdivide his 268-acre (1.08 km2) dairy farm into a suburban addition in the area that is now Cummings Drive. In 1953, the North Richland Hills Civic League sought to have the area annexed to Richland Hills, then voted to form their own city when annexation was denied. An election was held, and the 268 acres (1.08 km2) of the Jones Farm, with a population of 500, became officially incorporated as the City of North Richland Hills.