Pantego is a town in Tarrant County, Texas, United States. The population was 2,318 at the 2000 census. It is entirely surrounded by the cities of Arlington and Dalworthington Gardens. It is in the middle of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, a metropolitan area spanning several counties.
Originally incorporated in 1949, the town dissolved in February 1952 and re-incorporated on May 22, 1952.
The earliest Europeans in the area are thought to be the members of the DeSoto Expedition under Luis de Moscoso, in 1542. The expedition is thought to have camped near what is now Village Creek.