Slaton is a city in Lubbock County, Texas, United States. The population was 6,109 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Lubbock Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Slaton is named for Lubbock rancher and banker O.L. Slaton, Sr. (1867–1946).
In 1912, the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad, since through reorganization the Burlington Northern Santa Fe, opened a depot in Slaton, which until 1969 offered passengers meals and hospitality through the Fred Harvey Company. The company advertised for "Young women, 18 to 30 years of age, of good moral character, attractive and intelligent, as waitresses in the Havey Eating Houses on the Santa Fe Railroad in the West."