Talco is a city in Titus County, Texas, United States. The population was 570 at the 2000 census. The name is derived from a local candy bar.
Two post offices were established near the current site of Talco: Gouldsboro in 1856 and Goolesboro in 1878. Due to name conflict the community changed its name to "Talco" based on the Texas, Arkansas, and Louisiana Candy Company initials on a candy wrapper. In 1912, Talco relocated to be closer to a railroad line.
Oil was discovered in 1936, leading to a big boom in the economy. Talco called itself the "Asphalt capital of the world."