Timpson is a city in Shelby County, Texas, United States. The population was 1,094 at the 2000 census. The community is named after T.B Timpson, a railroad engineer.
Timpson was founded in 1885 upon the arrival of the Houston, East and West Texas Railway. It reached its maximum population in 1925 when it was important in the shipping of lignite.
Timpson is located at 31°54′23″N 94°23′52″W / 31.90639°N 94.39778°W / 31.90639; -94.39778 (31.906280, -94.397859).