Winnie is a census-designated place (CDP) in Chambers County, Texas, United States. The population was 2,914 at the 2000 census.
Winnie is located at 29°49′8″N 94°23′0″W / 29.81889°N 94.383333°W / 29.81889; -94.383333 (29.818891, -94.383462). According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 4.0 square miles (10.3 km²), all of it land.
The town plat was filed in 1895 by the Gulf and Inter-state Railway officials. The town was named after Fox Winnie, a railroad contractor who worked for the line. The Winnie and Loan Improvement Company attempted to market small lots of land, but due to poor sales, the company was dissolved in 1911. In 1941 an oilfield was discovered nearby, leading the way for the oil businessman Glenn H. McCarthy to establish a gas plant just east of the town. This development, along with the construction of Interstate 10, would lead to a population growth. The East Chambers County Consolidated School District was established in 1931.