Dutch John, UT
Dutch John is a small census-designated place located in eastern Daggett County, Utah, United States, about 4 miles (6.4 km) northeast of the Flaming Gorge Dam on U.S. Route 191. The population was 145 at the 2010 census.
The town was platted and constructed beginning in 1957 by the United States Bureau of Reclamation to house workers working on the construction of Flaming Gorge Dam. After the dam's completion in 1964, Dutch John became home to a smaller number of dam maintenance and operations personnel, as well as employees of the United States Forest Service.
The Dutch John townsite and its buildings continued to be owned by the Bureau of Reclamation until 1998, when the town was privatized. Buildings were sold to individual landowners, and undeveloped land in the town was transferred to Daggett County. The county later completed a master plan for the Dutch John townsite, and has begun offering parcels of land for sale to developers.