Fort Duchesne, UT
Fort Duchesne ( /duːʃeɪn/) is a census-designated place (CDP) in Uintah County, Utah, United States. The population was 621 at the 2000 census, a slight decrease from the 1990 figure of 655. Fort Duchesne was originally a fort, established by the United States Army in 1886 and closed in 1912.
Fort Duchesne is located at 40°17′36″N 109°51′48″W / 40.29333°N 109.86333°W / 40.29333; -109.86333 (40.293199, -109.863329).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 7.7 square miles (19.8 km²), of which, 7.0 square miles (18.2 km²) of it is land and 0.6 square miles (1.7 km²) of it (8.36%) is water.