Garland is a city in Box Elder County, Utah, United States. The population was 2,400 at the 2010 census.
Garland was originally named Sunset and settled in 1890. The first settler was David E. Manning.
It was a company town and was renamed after William Garland, the contractor who built the Utah Sugar Company factory at the location, completed in 1903. The company donated land to the LDS Church for a "ward chapel and amusement hall" and also built 14 homes, a hotel, and other buildings. The town had a general store, a bank, a post office, and a newspaper named The Garland Globe in 1906. By 1920s there were other merchants, a flour mill, a Carnegie Library, and a high school.