Roy is a city in Weber County, Utah, United States, along Interstate 15. The population was 36,884 at the 2010 census. It is part of the Ogden–Clearfield, Utah Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Roy was settled in 1873, twenty-five years after Ogden. Most of the surrounding communities had been settled prior to that time. On May 24, 1894, a post office was established. Previously known as Central City, Sandridge, the Basin, and Lakeview - Roy was ultimately named for a local school teacher's child, Roy C. Peebles, who had died. The City of Roy was incorporated on March 10, 1937. O. Dean Parker, owner of Parker's Market, was the first elected Mayor of Roy although Joseph Jensen had been Chairman of the Town Board prior to Roy being incorporated.
Businesses in Roy were limited until the early 1940s. A gas station, a couple of grocery stores, a cafe, and a lumber yard made up the modest business district. However, Roy developed rapidly during World War II. Roy housed many of the workers and personnel from adjacent military installations, including Hill Air Force Base, the Navy Supply Depot (now the Freeport Center), and the Defense Supply Depot.