Elberta is a census-designated place (CDP) in Utah County, Utah, United States. It is part of the Provo–Orem, Utah Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 278 at the 2000 census. It is also known as "The Slant". It was founded as "Mt. Nebo". After the water failed in 1901 most of the early settlers moved away. It was purchased by Mr. Matthew B. Whitney, a native of New York, on November 7, 1907, and Mr. Whitney renamed it "Elberta" after the peach.
Elberta is located at 39°58′41″N 111°57′8″W / 39.97806°N 111.95222°W / 39.97806; -111.95222 (39.977979, -111.952350).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 13.9 square miles (36.0 km²), of which, 13.9 square miles (35.9 km²) of it is land and 0.04 square miles (0.1 km²) of it (0.22%) is water.