Nokesville is a census-designated place (CDP) in Prince William County, Virginia, United States. The population was 1,236 at the 2000 census.
Nokesville is the center of a farming community with cattle and dairy farms; it became a town and intermediate stop on the Orange & Alexandria Railway in 1865. In the late 19th century–early 20th century, Nokesville was the location of a religious movement called the German Baptist Brethren, which became known as the Church of the Brethren. In the 1950s, it was cut off from passenger trains and remains a rural community today.
Nokesville consists of two schools and one currently under construction. The oldest school, Nokesville Elementary was built in 1929 to serve all grades until 1964 when it was lowered to K-5 with the construction of Brentsville District High School. In 2009, Prince William County approved a new school facility to be built in the outskirts of Nokesville called "Patriot High" to serve the rapidly growing Bristow area. It will open in 2011.