Established in 1759, Town of Culpeper is one of Top 10 Small Town's in America. Based in Culpeper, Va., its Environmental Service Department has been in service for over 50 years, serving the citizens of Culpeper. The Department Of Environmental Services is responsible for both clean drinking water and the treatment of municipal sewage for the Town of Culpeper. The Town has been evolving over a 250 year period and contains many examples of residential and commercial architecture that include Federal, Greek Revival and Victorian as well as vernacular. The Town of Culpeper National Register District contains over 140 structures, one of the largest historic districts in this part of the Commonwealth.