The goal of WAEPA, located off Park Ave, is to provide access to products and services that promote the health, welfare, and financial well-being of its members. WAEPA, Worldwide Assurance for Employees of Public Agencies, is a non-profit association formed during World War II by Federal Employees, for Federal Employees. WAEPA was formed in 1943 during World War II to provide access to life insurance coverage for civilian employees of the U.S. Government who were serving overseas. The original name, War Agencies Employees Protective Association, was changed in 1961 to Worldwide Assurance for Employees of Public Agencles. In May, 1973, membership was opened to all U.S. civilian government employees, regardless of duty assignment.