La Conner, WA
La Conner is a town in Skagit County, Washington, United States with a population of 891 at the 2010 census. It is included in the Mount Vernon–Anacortes, Washington Metropolitan Statistical Area. In the month of April, the town annually hosts the majority of the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival events. The center of town, roughly bounded by Second, Morris and Commercial Streets and the Swinomish Channel, is a historic district and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
La Conner was first settled in May 1867 by Alonzo Low and was then known by its post office name, Swinomish. In 1869, J.S. Conner bought the settlement's trading post and in 1870 had the name changed to honor his wife, Louisa Ann Conner. The French-appearing "La" representing her first- and middle-initials. La Conner was once the county seat of Skagit County.
La Conner is located at the coordinates 48°23′26″N 122°29′44″W / 48.39056°N 122.49556°W / 48.39056; -122.49556 (48.390495, -122.495646).