Union Gap, WA
Union Gap is a city in Yakima County, Washington, in the United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 6,047.
The city of Union Gap was originally named Yakima and was officially incorporated on November 23, 1883. When bypassed by the Northern Pacific Railroad in December 1884, over 100 buildings were moved with rollers and horse teams to the nearby site of the depot. The new city was dubbed North Yakima. In 1918 North Yakima was changed to simply Yakima, and the original town to the south was named Union Gap.
Union Gap is located at 46°33′30″N 120°29′26″W / 46.55833°N 120.49056°W / 46.55833; -120.49056 (46.558237, -120.490566).