Zillah is a city in Yakima County, Washington, United States, with a population of 2,964 at the 2010 census. Tourist attractions include the Teapot Dome Service Station, the fortuitously named Church of God Zillah, and the local wineries.
Zillah was founded in 1891 following the completion of the Sunnyside Canal project, an irrigation scheme delivering water from the Yakima River to the arid lower Yakima Valley. Walter Granger, superintendent of the canal company, chose the town site in 1892. The town was named for Miss Zillah Oakes, daughter of Thomas Fletcher Oakes, who as president of the Northern Pacific Railway had backed the building of the canal. The town was named after Miss Zillah because she would scream and cry on the way to the new town, while in the trip her father promised to name the town after her if she would stop. Granger housed the headquarters of the Washington Irrigation Company in Zillah, giving it economical advantages for a time. He also made his residency in Zillah becoming its mayor after retiring from the irrigation company. Zillah was officially incorporated on January 5, 1911.
Zillah is located at 46°24′13″N 120°15′39″W / 46.40361°N 120.26083°W / 46.40361; -120.26083 (46.403561, -120.260696).