Crivitz is a village in Marinette County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 998 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Marinette, WI–MI Micropolitan Statistical Area.
Crivitz was surveyed and platted in the summer of 1883. This work was filed with the Register of Deeds in Marinette County on 10 September 1883 by German immigrant, Frederick John Bartels.
Crivitz was a town until 1913, when it was incorporated as the Village of Crivitz. The village hall, originally located at 600 Main Avenue, was later relocated at 800 Main Avenue. The downtown developed along Main Avenue in the 600 to 900 blocks from 1913 to 1924. In 1924 a devastating fire destroyed 22 buildings along the south side of Main Avenue. In 1927, the village was disincorporated and became the Town of Crivitz. The fire, disincorporation, and the start of the Great Depression in 1929 sealed the fate of Crivitz for many years.