Granton is a village in Clark County in the U.S. state of Wisconsin. The population was 406 at the 2000 census.
The early history of our area before permanent settlers arrived was one of Indians and the fur trade under the French first, then the English, and finally the U. S. after 1815. The American Fur company dominated the fur trade in its final years. A treaty was made with the Winnebago Indians in 1837 ceding their lands to the U. S. They nominally owned roughly the territory east of the Black River and south of Township 25 (York).
This area does not seem to have been opened to homesteading before the early 1850's. There were few settlers before 1860. The Town of Lynn was organized on March 21, 1862 but it consisted of what is Fremont, Lynn and Grant. They met at the home of John D. Wage. In 1868 Grant was detached and made a separate town. In 1874 Fremont was created.