Ixonia is a town in Jefferson County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 2,902 at the 2000 census. The unincorporated communities of Ixonia and Pipersville are located within the town.
The Town of Ixonia was organized on February 12, 1841 as the town of Union. The town of Union was divided five years into two new towns and the name "Ixonia was given to the one of the new towns on January 21, 1846.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 36.5 square miles (94.6 km²), of which, 35.9 square miles (93.1 km²) of it is land and 0.6 square miles (1.6 km²) of it (1.64%) is water.