Lena is a village in Oconto County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 510 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Green Bay Metropolitan Statistical Area. The village is located within the Town of Lena.
Originally known as the Maple Valley settlement, Lena owes its location to the railroads. The first white settlers in this vicinity arrived in the late 1870s and consisted primarily of French Canadian immigrants. As was common in other areas populated by French-Canadians during this era, most of the Maple Valley residents engaged in small-scale logging, concentrating their work and their homes along Jones Creek, a tributary of the Little River. By 1879 the community had become large enough to support a post office and, since the name "Maple Valley" had already been assigned to another Wisconsin post office, the recommendation of a new name fell to Oconto Postmaster George R. Hall. Hall submitted the first name of his future wife (Lena) to the federal postmaster, and the choice was approved. Lena was incorporated as a village in 1921.
Lena is located at 44°57′1″N 88°3′3″W / 44.95028°N 88.05083°W / 44.95028; -88.05083 (44.950453, -88.051066).