In 1958, Frank and Angelo Terranova started F&A Cheese Company, which is the precursor to F&A Dairy Products, in Grand Rapids, Mich. The company was established as a distributor of cheese and pizza supplies. After expanding its cheese-making operations through the purchase of Indianhead Dairy in Dresser, Wis., the company was renamed F&A Dairy Products. The Dresser plant manufactures 900,000 pounds of milk per day into mozzarella and provolone cheese. F&A expanded production with the construction of a cheese facility in Las Cruces, N.M., in 1995. The Las Cruces plant also manufactures mozzarella and provolone cheese, which utilizes more than 1.5 million pounds of milk per day. Shredded, diced and grated cheeses are also available from F&A Dairy Products Las Cruces plant.