Lumber Dealers Supply, Inc was incorporated March 2, 1936 in Green Bay, Wisconsin as a jobber of roofing, plywood, insulation board and millwork. The company was started by Eddie Fairbrother and Otto Schueler and was located at a leased facility on South Broadway. In 1948, Alex Kirschling, who was managing a Marling Lumber Company branch in Wisconsin Rapids, bought Eddie Fairbrother's stock and moved to Green Bay to run the daily operations of the business for them. By 1951, he bought the remaining stock and became sole owner of the business. When Alex Kirschling retired in 1971, his oldest son John took over the reins. John Kirschling brought about many changes to the company. Our first delivery truck was purchased. Our product mix shifted from commodity oriented to specialty products. A direct mail marketing program was instituted. Our workforce grew with the increased business. By 1975 we had outgrown the original site and, in March of 1976, we moved to a new facility at our present location on South Taylor Street in Howard. John Kirschling retired in 1999 and turned over the everyday management of the company to his younger brother, Peter. Peter Kirschling continues to run the operation and to expand our product mix and offering to better serve our most valued resource: Our Customer!