The Pepin Public Library began in 1948 by the local PTA. Donations of books by the local residents started the collection. In 1960 the library became a public library under the direction of a library board and funded by the Village of Pepin. The library is currently funded by the Village of Pepin and Pepin County for the everyday operating. In 1996 the library moved into a new building that it still currently occupies. Over 3, 300 square feet of space holds the collection. The collection has expanded from the original donated books to include books in regular and large print, books on cassettes and CDs, videos, DVDs, magazines and computers for Internet access and word processing. The Pepin Public Library strives to fill the educational and recreational needs of the members of the community.