Glidden (also Chippewa Crossing) is an unincorporated census-designated place in the town of Jacobs in Ashland County, Wisconsin, United States. It is located on County Highway N near Wisconsin Highway 13. As of the 2010 census, its population was 507.
The community is named after a founder of the Wisconsin Central Railroad, along which it is located. Marion Park Pavilion was built in 1938 during the depression and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. In 1963, a 10' 7", 665-pound Black Bear was hunted in the Glidden area. The town immediately took on the title of "Black Bear Capital of the World", and many local businesses made "Black Bear" a part of their name. Glidden Public School also changed its mascot from the Viking to the Black Bear.
Glidden is located at 46°8?6?N 90°34?43?W / 46.135°N 90.57861°W / 46.135; -90.57861 (46.1349525, -90.5785090). According to the U.S. Census Bureau, it has an area of 2.151 square miles (5.57 km2), all of it land.