Cairo (pronunciation: CARE-o, /kɛəroʊ/) is a town in Ritchie County, West Virginia, United States, along West Virginia Route 31, the North Fork of the Hughes River, and the North Bend Rail Trail. The population was 263 at the 2000 census.
The town was named by its earliest settlers, who were Scots Presbyterians, for the city of Cairo, Egypt, owing to the presence of water and fertile land at the site. Cairo was incorporated in 1895. The North Bend Rail Trail passes through the town.
The former Bank of Cairo building, now Cairo Town Hall, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996.