Danville is a town in Boone County, West Virginia, United States. The population was 550 at the 2000 census. Danville was incorporated in 1911 by the Circuit Court and named for Dan Rock, the town's first postmaster. Danville was formerly known as Newport and Red House.
Danville is located at 38°4′40″N 81°50′9″W / 38.07778°N 81.83583°W / 38.07778; -81.83583 (38.077863, -81.835696), along the Little Coal River.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 1.1 square miles (2.8 km2), all land.