Gassaway is a town in Braxton County, West Virginia, in the United States. The population was 901 at the 2000 census. Gassaway was incorporated in 1905 and named for Henry Gassaway Davis. The center of population of West Virginia is located approximately 7 miles (11 km) north of Gassaway.
The Gassaway Depot was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1994.
Gassaway is located at 38°40′15″N 80°46′13″W / 38.67083°N 80.77028°W / 38.67083; -80.77028 (38.670712, -80.770413), along the Elk River.