Seeley is a census-designated place (CDP) in Imperial County, California. Seeley is located 7.5 miles (12 km) west of El Centro, The population was 1,739 at the 2010 census, up from 1,624 at the 2000 census. It is part of the El Centro Metropolitan Area.
The first post office at Seeley was opened in 1909. The name honors Henry Seeley, an early developer of Imperial County.
Seeley is one of the oldest established communities in Imperial County, tracing its history back to the early years of the 20th century. Originally established as a stage stop on the shores of the now dead "Blue Lake", Seeley was known originally as Silsbee.