Stratford (formerly, Stratton) is a census-designated place (CDP) in Kings County, California, United States. Stratford is located 14 miles (23 km) southwest of Hanford, at an elevation of 203 feet (62 m). It is part of the Hanford–Corcoran Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 1,277 at the 2010 census, up from 1,264 at the 2000 census.
The town was originally named Stratton in 1901 for William Stratton of the Empire Land and Water Company. The name was changed to Stratford in 1906 due to the efforts of the local women's club.
The first post office at Stratford opened in 1910.