Boonville (formerly, The Corners and Kendall's City) is a census-designated place in Mendocino County, California. It is located 12.5 miles (20 km) southwest of Ukiah, at an elevation of 381 feet (116 m). The population was 1,035 at the 2010 census.
Boonville was founded by John Burgots in 1862. The place was originally called The Corners. Burgots built a hotel, and in 1864 Alonzo Kendall built another hotel. The town became known as Kendall's City. W.W. Boone bought a store in town and gave the place its current name.
The first post office opened in 1875, having been transferred from Anderson.