Baltic is a the town center village of the town of Sprague, Connecticut, and a census-designated place (CDP). The Sprague town hall is in Baltic. The Baltic Historic District is a historic district that was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1987, encompassing virtually the entire extent of the village.
Baltic was formed around a cotton mill established on the Shetucket River on land purchased in 1856 by former Rhode Island Governor and U.S. Senator William Sprague. The A. & W. Sprague Manufacturing Co. mill burned down in 1887. Subsequently, Frederick Sayles of Pawtucket, Rhode Island, purchased the site and built the Baltic Mills Co. cotton mill, which opened in 1899. The company operated until 1963, when the mill was sold to a syndicate from New York. The mill continued operating until 1967, when it was closed and the property and equipment were sold. In 1970 the property was sold to the Casper Division of Bevis Industries, which used it for a mail order operation.
The historic district includes 208 contributing buildings and two other contributing structures over a 122-acre (49 ha) area.