Hersey is a village in Osceola County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 374 at the time of the 2000 census. The village is located within Hersey Township.
Hersey is a small rural community that started as a lumber town in the early 19th century and was a major supplier of lumber to the Muskegon Lumber Yards and played an important role in rebuilding Chicago after the great fire. It was founded by Delos A. Blodgett, a banker, lumber baron, and philanthropist. His family was a major benefactor in the Grand Rapids area via the Blodgett Hospital and the Grand Rapids Home for Kids.
The Hersey General Store, which was established in 1869, was lost to an arson fire on Labor Day 2008. The commercial district now consists of the renovated Hersey Roller Mills Store, and reopened Hersey Party Store.