Pewamo is a village in Lyons Township, Ionia County in the U.S. state of Michigan. It was founded in 1857 as a station along the Detroit, Grand Haven and Milwaukee Railway. The village name was suggested by J.C. Blanchard in honor of Chief Pewamo, with whom he had hunted along the nearby Grand River. The population was 560 at the 2000 census.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.0 square mile (2.6 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 560 people, 197 households, and 144 families residing in the village. The population density was 549.7 per square mile (212.0/km²). There were 202 housing units at an average density of 198.3 per square mile (76.5/km²). The racial makeup of the village was 98.57% White, 0.18% Native American, and 1.25% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.07% of the population.