Pierson is a village in Montcalm County of the U.S. state of Michigan. As of the 2000 census, the village population was 185. The village is within Pierson Township.
In 1856, David S. Pierson acquired forty acres of land here. With Dexter Clark and John L. Shar, Pierson founded the community while it was still part of Mecosta County. Pierson opened the first post office in his home on January 29, 1857. It was platted in 1870 and incorporated as a village in 1873.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 0.2 square miles (0.6 km²), all land.