Kittrell is a village in Vance County, North Carolina, United States.
Kittrell was chartered in 1885 with first mayor David Outlaw, a merchant and bachelor. In 1860, one census district in Granville County the primary of the three parent counties (73% of the land area of Vance County was taken from Granville County) for Vance County, was called Kittrell's Depot, a railroad depot named for the person of and family of George Kittrell and wife Elizabeth Boswell Kittrell, who donated land for a Raleigh & Gaston Railroad station. The first post office for the Kittrell area with Elisha Overton as first postmaster was established in 1854, replacing the one in neighboring Stanton in the Epping Forest area which evidently lacked direct railroad access, this establishment occurring presumably shortly after Kittrell's Depot became operational. By act of the legislature, in 1868 county governments were required to divide their counties into smaller units of townships. Kittrell Township, including this depot station which is the likely basis for choice of the name, was one of these for Granville County. George Kittrell was a grandson of Capt. Jonathan Kittrell, commander of a company of Granville County colonial militia during the 1760s and early 1770s and was a large landholder in Granville County with his holdings including the land upon which Kittrell Springs Hotel was located. His grandfather Capt. Kittrell was also one of the justices or magistrates for this county, and was an early Granville pioneer who had immigrated as a young adult to that area attracted by its cheap, abundant and readily available land for settlers, along with two younger brothers Samuel and Isaac, from northeastern North Carolina. Their elder brothers George and John remained in their home area on farms in what is now known as Bertie and Gates County. The population was 148 at the 2000 census. The smallest horse in the world lives here meauring 47 cm (18.75 in).
Kittrell was the location of Kittrell College, the campus of which later became the Kittrell Job Corps Center.