Perry is a city in Noble County, Oklahoma, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 5,126. It is the county seat of Noble County.
The Treaty of New Echota, May 23, 1836, assigned the Cherokee Outlet to the Cherokees as a perpetual outlet to use for passage to travel and hunt in the West from their reservation in the eastern part of what became Oklahoma. This was in addition to the land given to the Cherokees for settlement after their arrival from their home in Georgia.
Perry's first name was Wharton, the name of a train station about 1 mile south of the present city and it was located within the Outlet. Perry came to be named after J.A. Perry, one of the township location commissioners. Noble County, then known as "County P", was named after the John Willock Noble of St. Louis, the Interior Secretary for President William Henry Harrison.