Lindsay is a city in Garvin County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 2,889 at the 2000 census.
Lindsay was founded in January 1902, when the Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe and the Chicago, Rock Island and Pacific railroad companies linked their lines halfway between Chickasha and Pauls Valley. Lindsay was named after Lewis Lindsay, a local area farmer that donated 440 acres of land for the townsite.
The Lindsay-Murray Mansion