The city of Heppner is the county seat of Morrow County, Oregon, United States. It was originally called Standsbury Flat for George W. Standsbury, one of the first white settlers in the area. It was later renamed to honor Henry Heppner, a Jewish pioneer who opened the first general store there in 1873. The population was 1,395 at the 2000 census.
Heppner is part of the Pendleton–Hermiston Micropolitan Statistical Area.
Heppner was designated the temporary county seat at the time Morrow County was created and narrowly defeated Lexington in the election held in 1886 to determine the permanent county seat. It was incorporated the following year.