Floydada is a city in and the county seat of Floyd County, Texas, United States. The population was 3,038 at the 2010 census.
According to the Texas State Historical Association, the community of Floydada, originally named Floyd City, was established on 640 acres of land donated by James B. and Caroline Price of Jefferson City, Missouri. Floydada won the county seat over Della Plain. When a post office came to town, the name was changed to Floydada. Some claim the new name was meant to be Floydalia and was garbled in transmission to Washington; others say it was a combination of the county name and that of donor James Price's mother, Ada; still another version is that it was named for Caroline Price's parents, Floyd and Ada. Floydada became an important railroad junction in 1928 when the Quanah, Acme and Pacific railroad finally arrived.
Floydada is located at 33°59′2″N 101°20′14″W / 33.98389°N 101.33722°W / 33.98389; -101.33722 (33.983771, -101.337259).