Davison is a city in Genesee County in the U.S. state of Michigan and a suburb of Flint. The population was 5,536 at the 2000 census. Davison is located within Davison Township, but is administratively autonomous.
Davison was first settled in 1842 by Eleazer Thurston.
Davison was named after Judge Norman Davison, who founded a nearby town formerly known as Davisonville, now known as Atlas.